Monday, August 3, 2009

Day One: Afternoon

Video Clips of the Tour of San Juan...
Coming Soon...
Why is it coming soon? Because I have the great tool of technology to bring it to you and yet the stress of not being able to... (I'm on a different computer and can't upload my videos on this one.)

Technological advantages
  1. Air travel - Makes trip to Puerto Rico really short (sort of)
  2. Cell phones - Call home whenever, Receive texts from softball teammates
  3. Flip video cameras - Record and upload video with a camera the size of my hand
  4. Computers - Email friends thousands of miles away across an ocean, Blog all my memories

Technological stress

  1. Air travel - Hurry up and wait at airport
  2. Cell phones - Signals dropped, Expected to call home whenever, Irrelevent texts are about tonight's game (Sorry ladies, I can't make it.)
  3. Flip video cameras - Camera wasn't charged when I first got it, Hard to listen or pay attention when worried about recording, Time consuming to upload to YouTube

    Wasn't the camera off?



  1. Computers - Internet down, Passwords not working, Not enough computers to go around, Video software not on each computer, Received sad news from friend but can't be there for her

But now that I've vented... I'm really trying to think of all the ways technology is useful and how to incorporate it into my classroom. Maybe I can have students respond in a blog to me in Spanish. That would help them write, learn Spanish and also learn to deal with the stress of technology. They need to learn sooner or later!!!

I'm going to bed now (without a hot shower) but will be up bright and early for hopefully a relaxing day exploring the rain forest and travelling to a beach! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to get hot water for your next shower. Personally, I don't mind cold showers.

    ReplyDelete