Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day Two Afternoon

In the afternoon, we traveled to Luquillo Beach. There were kiosks which were mainly for the locals, and they had a variety of foods, but mostly all fried. I'll insert a video when I can so you can see the food. I had fried yuca, a crab empanada and of course rice, beans and plantain.







Then in the evening a few of us found the local corner supermarket. It had a small food stand outside and inside it had anything you might find at a corner market in the US. I searched for milk and ice cream. But the slow pace of life was apparent when I moved an inch in the checkout line in ten minutes. So I put the ice cream back in the freezer until we were at the register, because I realized that if I stood in line with my ice cream it would be soup by the time I'd pay for it!

Later in the evening I called back home. It is such a nice convenience because Puerto Rico is part of the US, and cell phones include it in the nationwide plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment